I've been looking at some backhoes lately and I was wondering if someone could tell me what was changed on a 580 super L when they went to the Series 2?
The engine is the same but it met the new epa regulations so it has different pistons and fuel system. They did away with priority swing, upgraded the axles and the diff lock is hydraulic activated instead of mechanical. Other than that the machines are the same more or less.
Like goose said its pretty much the same machine. Its just a some minor little changes that they worked the bugs out of so they name it the series 2. We had a series 2 and never had any problems with it. I would get a series 2 over the series 1 if i were you just for the fact that most of the bugs are usually worked out.
We had a Series 2 and it never let us down. 4100hours and 8 years old, no problems except for the muffler mount bolts. They reshaped the frame and inside of the cab a little to. Stay away from 95 L's they have a problem with front discharge pumps in the transmitions so I hear from a friend who had one. I swear by the L's.
priority swing sucks!! Go with the series 2.My series1 has the priority swing and i hate it.I can not find anybody that can tell me how to remove it.
Hate to hyjack the thread, but I have a quick question : How do you lock the hoe on a 580 k? My fist time on one, I managed to get it unlocked by playing with the lever a little, but could not get it locked back up when i was done. Could some one explain how? Thanks
When you want to lock the hoe on a case you get it centered and folded up. run the boom about half way down then raise it as fast as you can then when you get to the top of the stroke(the cylinder will be fully retracted) then go into full down mode. This will get the hoe over top dead center and get the pins into the lock. As far as I know every case has the same kinda lock on it so if I'm wrong please let me know.
Thats how ya lock em.... just be prepared for some banging the first few times you do it.
Hmm thanks, sounds like it just takes some practice. Im used to being on an old john deere were you have to get out and put a pin in. And yes, I did alot of banging, and acomplished alot of nothing! ointhead
Heres a video I had to explain to some one how to do it. I did it slowly in the vid, but it goes much faster than that. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VODrqANCHwQ