Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super L -Ser # JJG0-189613 (1992?)German Injection Pump drip (New Green O ring? Part #)

John M Kanterakis · 2021-05-31 12:29

Ser # JJG0-189613 (1992?)German Injection Pump drip (New Green O ring? Part #) Over night it looses pressure . Always started at first crank. Now I have to prime it at the fuel pump to get going or crank the engine for 1 min. The Green O ring at the Pressure Regulator spring housing is the problem. No dealers near me on the mountain! Part #???

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-05-31 14:56

    Welcome to HEF, John ! I cannot help you, but there are some professionals (experts) that will be along soon to help you.

  2. #2NH575E2021-05-31 15:51

    Do you have a Harbor Freight nearby? They sell a HNBR O-ring kit for air conditioning for $11. Might be able to match one up out of that. https://www.harborfreight.com/205-piece-hnbr-o-ring-kit-67644.html

  3. #3thepumpguysc2021-06-01 10:02

    Hi John, can u post a picture of pump and leak.?? I’m sure I have what u need, it’s just a matter of clarification.. U can contact me directly if u put , at aol dot com after my screen name in your home email service. I’m assuming your talking about the orings on the pressure regulator on a Bosch VE pump.?? U know it takes a special tool to remove and install.?? A 10mm open end wrench will get u close tho.. BUT.. if your not careful, u will crush/fold in the top of the regulator.!!