Hi, I have a JD 310c rubber tired backhoe, and would like to know if there is a place to plumb in a set of aux hydraulic couplers. I use this machine to run my wood splitter and in the past have put the couplers on the main backhoe valve bank on the extend-a-hoe valve and simply put a block of wood on the valve pedal. I would like to plumb them in permanently someplace and just unitize one of the existing valves. Is this possible without too much trouble? I usually split and put wood in the front bucket and run it to barn when full, so always hooking and unhooking splitter. Thanks
I would think that a six way diverter valve could be plumbed into a stabilizer circuit. I did that for a thumb. That is why I think it would work for wood splitter.
Ok thanks I’ll try to figure out what that is, I have very little hydraulic knowledge.
I should have added that you would need to use the stabilizer lever to operate the wood splitter cylinder. That may be tooo awkward to be practical.
I think I'd get two female and four male poineer quick coupler tips and plumb them into one of the stabilizers if you want to do that sort of thing. The 310C is a gear pump, open center system, right? would be easy with a closed center system.
The splitter has its own valve, so I would just have to tie it open some how
If it is a two way valve I would think you would need to disconnect (eliminate) it. Put quick couplers on long hoses that would be connected to the diverter valve. If you don't use a diverter valve and just tee into the stabilizer circuit I think the stabilizer cylinder will be moving when you want the splitter cylinder to move. In turn, you would have extremely slow travel speeds in both cylinders. I may be wrong. Perhaps someone else will contribute to your questions
You could plumb a diverter valve in line withe the existing valve bank and use it like a Power beyond kit. So basically what im getting at is if its a open center system the hydraulic fluid would flow from the pump threw the valve bank into the diverter valve and then back to the tank unless the diverter valve was switched then it would send fluid from the diverter valve to the splitter before returning to the tank.
Ok, thanks, I'll have a better look at it next time I'm at machine to see if I can find a place to tie into it. Thanks!!