Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 Super M grid heater

troyharnish ยท 2013-11-04 15:14

OK, people say there are no stupid questions, let's put that to the test... I have a new-to-me 2006 Case 580 Super M Series 2, with the newer Iveco engine and a grid heater. My old 2001 580 M had a Cummins and did not have a grid heater, started fairly well when cold. The owners manual states that to start a cold engine, turn the key and wait for the grid heater light to go out. It keeps flashing after 30 seconds... how long is the grid heater cycle supposed to take? Am I just being impatient?

Replies1
  1. #1JS580SL2013-11-04 22:17

    L,s and M's with the cummins started much better in the cold than the M series 2. It's been a while since Ive been in an M2 but if I remember correctly you might be a bit impatient. The 580M I was in before the Super N would take 30seconds or longer. The N is pretty quick but the hyd light will go crazy until everything is warmed.