My 580b backhoe boggs and almost dies when operating the rear stabilizers or backhoe. I had let my cousin borrow awhile back and went over to pick it up and when I went to load it I got almost up on the deck it would bogg and die. It had plenty of fuel but I did notice it sounded like it was missin real bad so I don't know if maybe dirty injectors or something? Thanks.
Fuel filters or perhaps algae in the fuel.
I will Check into that.I know they ran it out of fuel 4 different times. I have just never seen one bogg like that just by trying to lift the stabilizers with the thing throttled up.
Don't loan it to your cousin again, running it dry can cause problems if you get unlucky. It will suck up all the crap and goop in the bottom of the fuel tank which will deposit in the filters...you hope.
I won't be loaning it out anymore that's for sure. I pulled the injectors and cleaned them to no avail, i haven't drained my fuel tank yet,but I think I am going to order new injectors and all new fuel return lines 2 of the four started leaking on me after I re-installed the injectors.
Did all the air get removed from the fuel system? I am betting you got crap from the bottom of the tank into the system. Start at the tank. Remove the fuel line. See if you get ample fuel flow. Then work your way to the injector pump. Problems like these you have to start at pointA then proceed to pointB. Good luck to you neighbor.
It's shameful that no one treats our equipment like we do. When you find someone that does, hire him.
Yeah pretty sure, it fired right off after re-installing the injectors. Point A to Point be was gonna be my next step ,I'm just replacing the return lines and injectors since I have the extra money for it right now.
sure sounds like a fuel problem
Yeah Drago no one seems to respect someone else's property after being kinda enough to let them use it. I have always respected other peoples items that they have let me use, that is how I was raised. The thing is they had tore the transmission up in my dumptruck right after they had gotten my backhoe to their house, so that cost me in parts and time since I'm the one that rebuilt it.
Well I found part of the problem hopefully the problem. I found that my #2 cylinder is not firing so maybe it is the injector or a plugged line cause when I cracked the line loose it didn't have much fuel coming out like the rest of them,I just hope it's not a compression issue.
Hey 69. It could always be worse. My ignorant ass sister filled my 2008 cummins with unleaded and drove 40 miles home last week. Could have killed her when I figured out what happened.
Do not overlook a pushrod bent or popped out on #2 cyl. Thats the first thing I would check if it was ok then suddenly started missing. Mel
Melban you read my mind that was the next thing on my list to check, I plan on looking at that tomorrow and I will let you know what I find.
I found the problem finally, the pushrods on the #1 cylinder were both bent and just laying in their holes. Now maybe I can get this thing back in working order.Do any of you guys know where you can by decent priced Pushrods? I called case and they are not cheap!!but they do have them in stock. Thanks for all the help guys.
Double check the parts number for accuracy. Here is one for $10.00. There are 10 of them available. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Tractor-148-Gas-Pushrod-G11086-/220503094837
I fixed it and it runs like a top, I installed the 2 pusrods and readjusted all the valves and she purred like a kitten. I want to thank everyone for all the input and help I really appreciate it. Thanks