hi guys, I'm rebuilding alot of stuff I did'nt think I would do, but I guess thats the case with old machines. Ok, here goes...I am doing the brakes and on the right side( the side with the diff lock) I am trying to get the plate off that has the shims behind it and is against the diff housing. I can't get it to slide off like I think it should, actually it won't come off at all except about a quarter inch. I'm trying to replace the seals and o ring to stop a leak before I install the new brakes. Any Ideas why the plate will not slide off? I don't see any other screws or anything holding it on ( like the diff lock cover...didn't see the allen bolt..lol ...came off alot better when I took that out). any help would be great.
Most had two screws that hold the backing plate to the trans housing, they may be loose and not out. If the two screws are out, the plate should come out useing to large screwdrivers or pry bars. Like said under the plate there are shims, then their is a large oring that slides in the trans housing with the backing plate. Rust and crud can cause the plate to come out hard when the oring starts moveing outward, also the race in that plate could have some heavy wear where the bearing rides, my need to push the diff and side gear up some to let it pass while putting pressure behind the plate.
thanks sheepfoot, I was afraid to pry to hard, but I'll try picking up on the gears to get it moving.
finally got to work on it again and lifting the gears to get it moving got it off.....thanks