case 680 680e I have a 680E that needs a transmission re-build. It moves until it warms up, and then it stops. I believe the transmission fluid is bypassing the shuttle seals. long story short does anyone know where I can get a transmission re-build kit for it? or for that matter a re-built shuttle with the torque converter?
I see you have been having this problem since last July. Have you changed the shuttle oil and cleaned the screen that filters the oil ? Remove the pipe plug # 31 and you will find the screen assembly behind it. I am attaching a picture of the screen location. If the oil you drain or drained looks contaminated you may have to change it a couple of times. There is a drain plug on the torque convertor also. But I don't think you can get access to it without removing the shuttle assembly. Be sure to check and make sure that the shuttle is full of oil after running it a while after doing the oil change(s).
Wondering if you were able to fix problem, My Case 680E is doing the same. Will move around for 10 to 15 minutes then will no longer move. Go back a few days later and it will move again.
Welcome to HEF, Gerry ! Unfortunately jberg583 never returned for further help or an update on his machine. That was 6 years ago. Contrary to what he posted there is no oil interchange between the transmission and the shuttle. They are separate units. The first thing to check is the oil level in the shuttle. If it is ok, I would be check the clutch cut-out. It may be malfunctioning and putting the shuttle in neutral. It is air operated and controls a spool on the shuttle control valve. Not unusual for dirt and crap to build up on it and interfere with it working.
I will check those things out, Thank you
Do you have the service manual ?
I’m having the same problem with my 680e wondering if you ever got it fixed? Thanks in advance! Transmission Lip Wizard™ Installation Tool
Welcome to HEF, Lambo, Sadly, way too often members get a lot of help and never post the results of their repair results. Have you cleaned the oil screen in your shuttle ??
Tinkerer, Yes I cleaned the screen and changed the fluid but it didn’t make any difference. Thanks!
Have you checked the clutch cut-out spool on the shuttle control valve when the tractor quits moving, to verify that it has not moved into the neutral position ?? Don't get run over while checking it !!!! I have no need for that thing to work on my own 680. I disabled the linkage and removed all the air lines for it so that it can never go into neutral.
If it moves 6ft both forward and reverse when cold do you think that clutch out would then activate, I agree with disconnecting it as I never used it in 30 years. Thanks
The only way to find out is use a piece of wire to tie spool in the run position. Do you have the service manual for your 680E ?
Yes, I have the both the repair and parts manual, I’m going to do the spool and do the pressure test next and post the results. Thanks again!
Hi all, I have a 680E case backhoe. Can any one tell me where to find the transmission filter
There is no filter, just a screen about six inches long behind the drain plug in the front of the pan. Part #12 see attached picture
Thanks Lambo.
I was hoping that may be my problem but now om not sure. It will move in foward and reverse in 1st gear but if it is driven into the slightest little hole it will not pull itself out.
Does anyone have any suggestions
Check the fluid level, screen and clutch cut-out spool on the shuttle control to make sure it’s not engaged at all.
Shep R; after you do you do those 3 things and if they are all ok the pressures in the shuttle need to be checked. It is not a simple thing to do. It is explained in the service manual. You may possibly have a torque convertor problem. Do you have or need the service manual ??
Thanks guys I will check all of this and report back later. As far as the service manual I just ordered one Online
I would have given you the manual for FREE . Mine is in .pdf format and can be printed if anyone wants a paper copy.
Thanks guys for the advice.
Hello guys, Can someone tell me if the lipstick in the floor of my 680E is for the shuttle or the tranny
Dipstick. LOL
It should be the shuttle. The 4sp gearbox has an old school level plug, that you need to get under the machine to access.
Ok thanks