Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580b diesel engine tips

HTR ยท 2010-05-13 16:47

solved the drive problem it was a clogged screen. who ever had it before me left half inch wrench down in it. but to the problem. Engine starts and runs good but I do not seem to be getting the rpms I should.I am not a diesel man.Any tips on what I should check first?

Replies2
  1. #1okney1lz2010-05-13 19:41

    Hmm.... What makes you say that? How many rpm is it running? Under Load? No load? In the interest of keeping it simple; when was the last time the fuel filters were changed and the water separator drained? Any fuel leaks? I've been chasing fuel leaks on my machine and each time I fix one it runs a little bit better. After that my guess would be injector timing. But someone with more experience might have some other ideas. Hey, at least you got a free wrench out of the deal! lol

  2. #2D'ville Dog2010-05-13 19:58

    I would check first to make sure that the gas pedal is pushed down all the way. Mine had all kinds of crap under it and after I cleaned it out. Man what a ride!