Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580b Fanbelt replacement

talltexan6ft7 · 2024-08-17 10:42

Hi, do they make a fanbelt for the 580b where you don't have to remove the hydraulic pump? If so, do they last? Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2024-08-17 11:33

    No need to remove the pump just loosen and slide the collar back a bit.

  2. #2talltexan6ft72024-08-17 11:36

    Thanks! My old belt looks as if it's the original one, don't know how it's staying together, but it is!

  3. #3Notch82024-08-18 10:18

    Did mine last fall bit of a pita but wasn’t that bad , clean up the splines and collar and use a nice brushed on layer of never seeze on them when reassembling.

  4. #4talltexan6ft72024-08-18 10:22

    Thanks! Mine looks bad, but is hanging in there. I'm just wondering if I should attempt to replace it before it breaks? Is 186750M2 the correct belt number? Thanks!

  5. #5Notch82024-08-18 10:42

    I’m not close to machine rate now but may be able to look for a number later today .

  6. #6talltexan6ft72024-08-18 10:44

    Thank you