Working on getting to the drive pump. The oil distribution plate is off i have softened the front and am able to move the it around a bit but the back is on real tight and feels like something is hanging on from the inside. Is the oil suction tube attached to the last plate and any thoughts before I go heave ho and man handle this plate. Thanks for the help real just got this machine and a mechanic novice. Thanks
Yes to all Both the suction tube and the drive pump are attached to the housing, that was not my issue however. There is dowel in the rear that was on real tight. Heave ho in upward direction and she split. I managed to get this housing off and the suction tube out without taking the tank off using a come along. I hook one end up to the headache rack (?) and the other to the steering column on the bottom & winched it in and was able to get the clearance to pull the housing free. Also removed the plate without disconnecting linkages or most of anything. That saved a crap load of time and headache. :cool2 So it is possible to rip and clean that suction tube in the field. If you have to. I have not seen this mentioned so there you go. New Questions: I have a 580B that has no forward or reverse at all. Zero pressure. Can change gears while its running without clutch. Nothing spinning. The last owner, a person I know, says he went to start it after winter and it was in this condition, states was working just fine when parked. I have flushed the fluid as it was nasty, it does have a slight stench to it, burn ish. The shifter for forward and reverse is free flowing, no thunk or friction forward or backward what so ever, as I have felt in other machines. Completely lucy goosey. Ripping the plates apart I found severel mistakes where made by the last ripper. First: no ball and spring detent valve spool (missing) #20 & 21 Cant post so heres a link What do they control, Im really having trouble figuring this out. On the power shuttle the spool pressure regulator was inverted the wrong way # 15. I have put that back in the proper way and have put this back together twice with no results. Still zero pressure. I did not put the ball and spring in, they have not arrived with new gaskets. I opened the forward line on the power shuttle and fired it up MoUnT sT HeLeNs, she was a spewing real nice, is it safe say the drive pump is not the issue? Im off to rip everything back down again as the parts are in. But before I puter back Im going to take the pressure regulator apart and check for issues there as well. I just noticed my first post did not have much of any info or anything to work with, I hope this more detailed post will help responses and my IsSuEs. Any thoughts or help? Thanks JD
to read: I have NOT felt this in any other machines. The shifter for forward and reverse is free flowing, no thunk or friction forward or backward what so ever, to read: I have NOT felt this in any other machines.
JD580B welcome to HEF! Good to see some initiative The missing ball & spring will give you back your "clicky" between Fwd N Rev, it wont do anything else re your problem. The fact they are missing & that you have found a valve in the wrong way around indicates that someone has been there to try to fix your problem already, so you will need to check everything very carefully. There are 2 different control valves between the CK & B ( see packratc's thread - ) be certain that what you have & that it has not been swapped around with the earlier model. I take it you bought the hoe with no drive? or was it driving & then stopped? Could be an adjustment problem with the de-clutch pedal & the oil pressure could be dumping??? BTW - do some research on here & look for threads by "Phil" he has helped many people with 580B problems - & sadly, not here any more .... - !!! Did you get any pictures of your pump removal exercise? That would be handy information here!
Thanks for reply and words of confidence airman! I had a feeling on the ball had something to do with that! Mystery solved thanks!!!! I will check the link and hoe and see if any other fun additions have been made. I did get it in no drive mode. I will check with your other suggestions as well. I do have pictures, but cant post yet because of my lowly status. Ill keep posting and throw up when I can. That thread you listed is awesome I'm on review of page 10 so far. Before I ripped in I read from phil or someone talk about the ball and detent and was forewarned, so I was looking for that sucker. Thanks again!