I have a question about this valve. I was going to ask if it is the Hydra-guide valve, but looking further in the FSM for the 580b, I see that it is likely the boom lock-out valve. My question .. Which position should this lockout valve be in when operating normally? I don't think the position of the handle really affects my machine one way or the other. The statement "The boom cannot be lowered hydraulically with the valve in lock position" I do not believe to be true at all. I have run the machine with this lever in both positions, thinking initially that it was the hydra-guide lever. :tong
That would seem to be what the valve is, and as a guess when you have it in Lock position you're probably powering through the relief valve. Since it's connected to the rod end, if you have power down on the boom with the pressure multiplication working for you I doubt you would even notice much difference.
OP, how do you get the hoe back on the tractor? Another hoe? That looks like a challenge to get that back on....
Connect hoses, stand hoe up with stabilizers, back up tractor and bolt on.
Yeah the stabilizers leaked down over several months. Homemade is right. Back up to the hoe and stand it up with the stabilizers. Need to make it level side-side and fore-aft (using mostly the stick/dipper ram). Backing up to it perfectly took about 5 tries.. Then just sit it down in the lower frame cups and use boom/stick hydraulics to line up the upper pins. If done right the pins slide in like butter. I DID have to push the pins in while wiggling the hydraulics so be very careful that you arm isn't going to be pinched anywhere. Then tighten up the tension rods. I had never done it before and the whole hoe installation was done in a couple hours single handedly. Oh yeah this is best done with the Hoe out in the straight back position. I got the pins mostly in and then moved the hoe back to the center before finishing. It was dumb to have it off the side when removing (and it was in my way for a few months).