Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580B shuttle oil change

n175h ยท 2020-12-29 17:36

This is my first time to drain the shuttle. I drained my shuttle oil and about 3 gallons came out. Surprising to me it was still a bit golden and looked good with no water. I peeked in to remove the allen screw at the torque converter and there is a threaded casting inside the hole that had nothing in it. It is 3/8 x 24 SAE threads. I can see the body of the shuttle inside the 3/8 hole. Do I need to rotate the engine crankshaft to find another threaded plug? Or did someone leave it out all these years I've owned this and I have been using it without? I am attaching a picture of the shuttle drain hole (the hole that is pretty much under the steering column) and I am attaching a picture of the 3/8 threaded hole that is up inside the shuttle case. Give me some guidance as to what else I need to look for. Thanks, David

Replies0

No replies yet.