Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C Bushing sizes

outlawspeeder · 2025-05-12 23:30

Does anyone have the bore and bushing sizes for a Case 580C? I am looking to tighten up my hoe. I've played with the thoughts of making my own bushings. The bushings are made out of 40Cr. For a home user 4140 will work as a quick replacement for 40Cr once harden. I can get 4140 at a really good price and I have the equipment to do it. That all said, if I can make them cheap for a backhoe for my home... It saves me money. I am retired and pricing each point, 120 to 200 a pop... Just looking

Replies1
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-05-13 07:47

    Go right ahead. I made my own pins and bushings with 4140 for my 580 SE for the stabilizers and loader bucket. I am just getting ready to replace the main loader pivot pin and most of the bushings for the loader. This time, I may buy them from Broken Tractor as I will be pressed for time. I tend to not heat treat pins after, only the bushings, hoping the pins wear a little more that the bushings. I didn’t know most any steel could be had at a good price at the moment, never mind 4140. lol