I started digging my basement yesterday and noticed that when I use the bucket control the dipper stops working, is this normal? Thanks.
No expert on the 580C but loosing the dipper when you use the bucket doesn't sound right. There should be plenty of pressure and flow to operate all controls. My Cat has a trans disengage switch when using the hoe to allow more flow but even if I forget it still works just slower. Have you checked your filters?
No I haven't checked the filter. I'll check in to that.
Playing with it today it a seems to be intermittent. It seemed to work when the machine was cold. Maybe low on fluid?
Could be, but most the time when it's low you get some jerky responses and usually hear some odd noise. Like before no expert here Edit: just thought of something, it worked ok when it was cold, this could be a pump showing signs of wear or to light a weight of oil
Raise your backhoe up and place the loader bucket on the ground and check the hyd fluid on the lt hand frame plug, the filter is under the hood at the back of the engine. I would replace the load check O-rings on the backhoe, it takes about two hours to do. There are several posts on it in the forums, use the case O-rings and back up seals only for this. You can make a tool out of a bolt by (grinding the head) to reach down inside the bore and pull the load checks out, replace the seals and reinstall the load checks and the reliefs back. Do not go into the reliefs, just change the main bore O-rings on them so it seals well when reinstalled. The pressure is checked on the cap fitting behind the battery, the pressure for the loader main relief should be 2300psi +/- 50psi at full throttle.