Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C dash

ghitch75 ยท 2009-06-25 11:57

i built me a new dash for my 580C....my tach was bad and case wanted 250 buc's for it and the only other gauge that worked was the engine temp.....so for around a 140 buc's i got a tach/hour,engine temp.,engine oil pressure,amps and shuttle temp.....the black ringed 1 on the top right is the shuttle temp.... heres a pic....

Replies17
  1. #1coopers2009-06-25 16:19

    Looks good!

  2. #2Phil2009-06-25 18:04

    Looks good, that's what they all should look like. Phil

  3. #3gggraham2009-06-25 18:47

    Some of the Case gauges have gotten way too expensive. Lots of aftermarket available, have used many aftermarket fuel gauges. BTW the dash looks great, nice work.

  4. #4ghitch752009-06-26 17:08

    thanks.....

  5. #5Tinkerer2009-06-27 07:06

    Nice neat job ! Where did you find the shuttle temp gauge ? I need to replace mine and I haven't had much luck locating one. Case is outrageous on some of their prices for replacement parts. But I am glad they at least stock them for old machines.

  6. #6ghitch752009-07-01 15:20

    the shuttle temp gauge is just a coolant temp gauge for a engine.....was 15 buc's @ autozone......fittings that came with it worked just fine.....

  7. #7Tinkerer2009-07-02 21:22

    I just bought a oil pressure gauge last week for $11.88 at AutoZone. It never occurred to me to use an engine coolant gauge. The Case dealer quoted me a price of $182.50 for a Case brand convertor temp. gauge !!!! Now that is outrageous ! I also needed an air pressure gauge and ended up ordering AutoMeter (Z Series) brand gauges from Summit Racing. In dash mounted air pressure gauges are really hard to find. I searched the internet for a couple of hours trying to locate a 0 to 150 psi. gauge for my brake system.

  8. #8jamer2011-05-24 20:00

    this has been dead for a while but could you tell me where and what kind of tach/hr guage you used and how it was connected thanks, jim

  9. #9GWS2011-05-26 20:20

    I believe what he has is called "Tiny Tach". You can find them doing an internet search for "tiny tach diesel".

  10. #10ghitch752011-05-26 21:16

    thats it's......1 wire goes on the 1 injector line,power and ground.....

  11. #11GWS2011-05-27 09:20

    I like your dash layout and plan on copying it for my 76 580C. The poor thing was left sitting for about 3 years and I picked it up for the scrap value. Lot of work to do on it but I have the time fix it up. Started with the brakes and will move to the dash next. Have you come across anything on your dash that you would do differently now that you've had it for a while?

  12. #12ghitch752011-05-27 20:39

    only thing i should have added was a fuel gauge.....would have had to pull the tank to change the sending unit....but i'm used to just looking in the filler to see how much is in there now so i'll leave it be......if i every have to pull the engine i'll add it then....

  13. #13GWS2011-05-28 05:15

    I see what you mean on changing the fuel sending unit. I stopped reading the steps to pull the fuel tank at step 1, "remove the engine". I wonder if it is possible to use the float type fuel caps like you see on portable generators and accessory tanks. What material did you use for the dash panel? From the photo, it kind of looks like plexiglass.

  14. #14ghitch752011-05-28 17:20

    yes it's just black plexiglass.......i can't remember where i got it....but i bought it online a 2ft sq for like 20 buc's shipped.....i'll try to find where i got it....

  15. #15GWS2011-05-28 23:29

    If you can find it I would appreciate it. I finally got the brakes, pedals and linkages cleaned and rebuilt. Next is the dash. Your dash looks great and makes the most sense in terms of cost and function. You mentioned a fuel gauge and if the sending unit in mine still works, are there gauges that can be calibrated to work with it that you know of?

  16. #16Fordman2011-06-03 00:10

    where did you get the tach?

  17. #17ghitch752011-09-11 11:06

    here.... http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php