Any one have comments on 1990 Deere 210C looking at one on the internet 4X4 standard hoe 2500 hours. Looking to clear trees, and flatten out a 30 ft hill, also dig a foundation. Not sure if this machine is too light have plenty of time to do the work no rush.:cool2
Deere 210 Surely there must be someone out there that has ran a 210. Trying to decide what size machine I would need.:Banghead:
I am not familiar with the 210 Deere but ran a lot of 310's. When you say flatten out a 30 ft. hill are you talking about digging down and pushing off to lower the elevation 30 ft? how big of a hill?length and width? As for digging a foundation is it a full basement or into a hillside? A basement is a lot of dirt to move with a hoe. Is it rocky?
Same here, bill, worked on plenty of 310's...never even seen a 210. As for size of machine and plenty of time to get it done...hey, you can move dirt with a shovel with plenty of time, but who wants to do that? I'm sure a larger/heavier machine would move more dirt, but I'd say they'd cost more to buy as well. And it has a lot to do with how much material and how tough the material is as bill stated. But, if it's a good machine, the price is right, and you have the time...it beats a shovel.
Jd 210 The hill is about 150 ft X 150 ft putting a need to clear trees mostly young growth 4 -6 inches and clear the stumps. The foundation will be built into the hill will be moving dirt in the front and some on the sides to fill in. There are alot of 310 around maybe I should look for a 310 don't want a big machine like the manuverability of small machine around buildings.
I'd say it would do the job, just going to take a little longer. Like moving the hill; the 210 may not be heavy or powerful enough to break and excavate hard ground with the loader. You may have to break the ground and loosen it with the hoe, the scoop it with the loader to move it. It will take a little time, but like I said...beats a shovel for sure. Good luck and send us a pic.