Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580c DASH PICTURE and external brake return spring

Rusty Pipe ยท 2013-02-09 20:20

Anybody out there have a picture of a 1979 580C dash? I am unable to read the lettering on the switches/knobs. The wiring, except what was chewed on by rodents, seems to be intact. I tried tracing the wires but unable to complete. A picture is worth a 1000 somethings. I am also missing the big brake return spring, the one bt this bleeder valve under the floor pan. Went to napa to try and match but they were too weak, too short/long, or too strong. If there is a supplier/distributor/parts location where they are available, please let me know. Are the repair downloads any good. I have been trying to locate a repair manual but the ones I have seen are after markets and are not specific enough. Thanks to all of you knowledgeable people and especially this forum. Rusty Pipe

Replies7
  1. #1nova4812013-02-11 15:37

    A few years ago I purchased from ebay a Case 580C parts and service manual on CD. That ebay store doesn't have it anymore. If you want I can make copies and send them to you. Ron

  2. #2MrKool2013-02-11 16:17

    Hey nova, I'm about to buy a early model Case 580C backhoe from an old customer, if your offer is still open, I could sure use some information like that to help me get the old machine up and running again. He says it's got several minor problems, but won't know till I get it to my shop to know what surprises await me.

  3. #3Rusty Pipe2013-02-11 19:34

    Nova--Ron. What a generous offer, one I gladly accept. I would like to cover your expenses. My email is [email protected] Mailing address: Mel, POBox 2281, Harbor, OR 97415 Thanks again.

  4. #4nova4812013-02-12 08:10

    Hi MrKool PM me your name and address and I'll send you the CD's

  5. #5MrKool2013-02-12 21:50

    I just started and don't have enough posts to PM you, but I don't think anyone will bother me if I post it here. Paul Parsons 6524 Woodfin Road Christiana, TN. 37037

  6. #6nova4812013-02-13 11:27

    I just mailed them out

  7. #7MrKool2013-02-13 12:53

    Thank you much, I went to check it out yesterday to see about getting it home, the starter switch is gone but the connector is there, so I ordered one from ebay. She's pretty rough after setting under a hackberry tree for 10-15 years, but no major body damage, one of the two backhoe swing cylinders is leaking Not sure if what I should take to make sure I can get it started besides a good battery and some either. He said he's also got a 36" bucket for sale for $500, I can't imagine what I'd use a 36" bucket for, although I am getting this machine as Flood Protection from a creek that's about 500' from my house that has flooded my shop and barn twice since I've lived here, so my plan is to dig a trench just this side of the creek, so when it overflows again, it fills the trench instead of my back yard. Can't think of any other way to keep from getting flooded out, the Corp never has enough man power to keep it clear of logs and debris and it doesn't help when farmers run fences across it to keep their cows in either.