Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C hydraulic power problem…

timmi ยท 2009-05-15 02:45

Hello friends, Should a 580C be able to pull itself uphill using the hoe? I needed to climb a hill today, much too steep and muddy for the bald tires to drive up.. So I was going to use the hoe to pull itself up... The hoe can lift the rear tires off the ground (while holding the control valve down, it bleeds off real quick), but it wasn't able to pull the tractor towards the bucket. There is a very loud hydraulic fluid sound coming from the control valves when doing this, but no movement. It can pull itself around when on flat ground using the hoe, but not uphill. I assume it should be able pull itself up. Would this be a problem with the cylinders or a control valve? Thanks...

Replies4
  1. #1ghitch752009-05-15 10:03

    have you changed the hydro-fluid and filter?......

  2. #2timmi2009-05-15 12:08

    80 hours on the filter, unknown time on the fluid... Its the pink hyd fluid.. Was told its Case's hyd fluid... ?

  3. #3Phil2009-05-17 08:05

    I'm not sure that it would pull itself up a steep hill, unless you were rolling the front bucket to help, even then....... The main relief in the loader valve body is bypassing, as it's supposed to, when the system pressure gets too high. That pressure can be checked with a gauge, I think it's around 2200psi but I'm not sure. The dipper retract may be set to a lower pressure, that could be checked too. Maybe someone with more experience will jump in with their knowledge on working hills and slopes. Phil

  4. #4jperry035702009-05-17 11:58

    123