Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C Injector pump leak

PAwrestling#1 ยท 2013-05-07 20:49

Can anyone tell me how big a job to fix an injector pump leak which appears to be leaking at the rod where the throttle lever connects? How involved is taken pump off and putting back on? Do they make rebuld kits and if not where can I buy another. I'm guessing they are a little costly? haha.

Replies22
  1. #1thepumpguysc2013-05-08 06:03

    Its an EASY FIX..IF the bushings aren't worn-out..Just 2 orings and a clip.. P# for orings is 17438 and 24371 for complete kit..Only problem is the clearance between engine block and leaking shaft..If you have the clearance, do it on the engine..if not, pump will have to come off.. Shut off the fuel at the tank..remove the small side cover[2 flathead screws], rotate the engine BY HAND until the line on the weight retainer lines-up w/ the line on the camring..Remove the fuel lines, inj. lines and linkage, the 3 nuts holding the pump to the block and pull straight back..good luck. The parts #'s are STANADYNE [roosa master] and can be had at ANY fuel injection shop. and if they're "KOOL", they'll give them to you..

  2. #2PAwrestling#12013-05-08 12:31

    Thanks a bunch pumpguy. Not sure we have a shop close buy so ill have to search the net. Thanks for P/N's too.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2013-05-08 20:34

    NO PROBLEM, my friend.I just so happen to "know a guy" that will send you the orings..and he's "kool"..You might just have to buy him a cold adult beverage tho..lol Just send your mailing address via my private msg and "I'll relay the message"..

  4. #4PAwrestling#12013-05-09 06:26

    Since you seem to know alot about these pumps and brought up about the bushings possibly being worn, is the shaft coming out of the pump that the throttle linkage connects to, is that shaft supposed to have alot of play inward and outward? I can grab that shaft and push and pull it moving it 1/4" to 3/8". Is that typical? And totally different question, where is the best place to see diagrams and get P/N's for this machine. Trying to get two oil seals behind brakes and also a clutch throwout bearing. Gotta clutch disc and pressure plate but no one seems to have or show a throwout bearing.

  5. #5nova4812013-05-09 09:53

    A few years ago I purchased from ebay a Case 580C parts and service manual on CD. That ebay store doesn't have it anymore. If you want I can make copies and send them to you. Ron

  6. #6PAwrestling#12013-05-09 10:26

    or just P/N's is all I need. The seals are the ones that keep oil out of the brakes. and throwout bearing for clutch

  7. #7nova4812013-05-09 10:44

    Go to the Case web site below http://partstore.casece.com/us/TricoF/parts-search.html#epc::mr49912ar874711

  8. #8nova4812013-05-09 10:49

    I think it's number 28 in the diagram

  9. #9PAwrestling#12013-05-09 11:51

    Thanks nova

  10. #10thepumpguysc2013-05-09 12:33

    There are "spacer washers" on each shaft that can be doubled up to control endfloat..I'll send you some w/ the orings if you like..eerr, I mean, relay the message..lol

  11. #11PAwrestling#12013-05-10 07:59

    Im gonna owe you guys alot if I can get this hoe running 1/2 again the way it should. I got alot of work to do and it's a learning process too.. A fun one for me. But i started on brakes yesterday and what a mess inside. Rust, things seized an inner seal leak. Then I got this injector pump issue,3 cylinders leaking,new clutch to install, and milky hyd. oil and transaxle oil to figure out. Oh and find lights for this machine and install

  12. #12bowen2013-05-10 09:33

    I bought some halogen work lights from Coleman.

  13. #13PAwrestling#12013-05-10 09:44

    WHat do they run? I need all front and back. Colemans? Do they have a website

  14. #14bowen2013-05-10 11:49

    Go here http://www.colemanequip.com/ Type # 71898 in the search block. I think they are about $32 ea. 4" x 6" maybe. They also sell a smaller one # 73761. 3" x 5" I think. Made by Hobbs I think, aftermarket. Coleman sells all the genuine Case parts also.

  15. #15PAwrestling#12013-05-14 11:31

    Bowen, how's th brightness on those 4x6" lights

  16. #16bowen2013-05-17 06:34

    They seem fine, but I have nothing to compare them to really, mine was all non working. Also I have actually not needed them at all for a night job. They are not direct replacements so some wiring and mount changes may be necessary. I have one still in the box if a picture would help you.

  17. #17jw32013-05-20 21:59

    Pump guy I have a very similar situation with my 580c. If you would pm me cost and where to for the seal kit, I would gladly pay for it. I am not asking for a brother in law deal. Thanks

  18. #18thepumpguysc2013-05-21 05:58

    PM sent. BTW> nothing wrong w/a brother in-law deal..thats what we do here..lol

  19. #19jw32013-05-27 16:36

    Thanks for the info.

  20. #20jw32013-05-31 22:35

    Y'all wish me luck, I'm going into the pump on the morn. Ah hell, there's a first time for everything.

  21. #21thepumpguysc2013-06-01 07:03

    Good Luck..Just remember some experiences cost more than others..lol I have a road call today but will check in when I get back, incase you have some questions.. and remember, a picture is worth a thousand words..its easier to explain if I have pictures of your troubled area. [instead of, "its the little dealy that goes behind the whacha macall it"]

  22. #22jw32013-06-01 15:28

    All went well on my reseal of the throttle shaft, once I figured out how to remove the clip to separate the shafts. LOL. My luck being what it is the damn battery was dead. We will see what happens Monday evening.