I am thinking of replacing my tower to frame pins very loose big job?? don't see any bushing listed on parts list. If tower or frame holes are hogged out how would you fix them. also swing pings should be replaced at same time they also do not show bushings being used rebuilt much of hoe over last winter need something to do this winter
You need to verify that my information is accurate for your machine. https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...=EN¤cy=#epc::mr49912ar988803bi4772542-4
yes the diag. is the same one I looked at the pins in question are #45 and #46
There are no bushings for the pins in the swing tower. The pins do not pivot or rotate in the swing tower. They are prevented from turning by retaining pins. #44 is one of them. The bushings for those pins are in the mounting frame. #4 is one of them that I put a check mark on in the parts list for you in my previous post. If the bushing bores are out of round in the mounting frame they can be repaired.
If the holes aren't too bad spring tension bushings might be an option or the hole could be bored out for them. http://www.connexusa.com/HTML/Spring Bushings - Applications.html
thanks, I see bushings listed need new glasses. is a big job to separate boom and swing tower??
I put new bushings in my Cat backhoe not too long ago. Rolled the bucket all the way out (to dump) and extended the stick all the way out. Lowered to ground and cycled all controls to insure no pressure with engine off. Put heavy jack stands on either side of the boom and a 4x4 post across the jack stands where it would fit. Was about 1-1/2 to 2' back of the swing tower. I used an engine hoist on the boom and also a hydraulic jack under the swing post to lift the boom to get the pins out. Then I used a prybar and a ratchet strap to pull the boom to the side to get at the bushings on the swing tower. I had to tap the hyd. cylinder over. It was on a 2x6 on a gravel floor. If you have concrete a floor jack would work. My hoe uses a rotary swing cylinder so I disconnected the 2 lines off it as well as the torque arm so the boom (with it attached) could be moved to the side. You might just have to take the pins out of the swing cylinders. Moving the boom to the side saves having to disconnect all the hoses from the control valve. A little fun getting the pins lined up when it went back together but overall went pretty good and I did it myself. A helper would have made it easier. You may have to heat or freeze the bushings to get them out or in. I used spring tension bushings because my bores weren't perfect and the old bushings were a little loose. I also used Loctite 660 retainer and the bushings went it easy by putting a flat piece of steel on them and whacking with a hammer.
Very good info here; I'll be doing this on my 580C soon... Makes it seem doable if still daunting!
thanks dave--I think this job is doable over winter were is best place to buy pins and spring bushings?
Pins I had made at shop that does hyd. cylinders. The spring tension bushings I found at Hercules and a local hyd. shop ordered them for me. Several brands of spring tension bushing though, Connex, Vogelsang, Hercules, etc. I was surprised nobody locally carried the spring tension bushings. A bearing house may have them in your area.
There used to be some after market pin and bushing kits that had weld on bushing bosses. Stemco produced some weld on pins and bushing kits for these machines. Case dealers used to stock them, the part numbers would start out as STM-1 thru STM-5 I believe. You might find some online still.
Something like this, Coy ?
Yes sir exactly like that.
thanks guys