Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C power beyond seals

DirtyHoe ยท 2016-08-05 20:59

My seals are completely gone on my power beyond fitting, so I don't know what I'm missing. The parts manual shows two different configurations: A) a regular O-ring and B) an O-ring with a back-up ring. I have the 90 degree elbow. How do I determine which parts I need? Thanks, Steve

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-08-05 21:36

    The parts sheet shows just the O-ring for the 90 fitting, I would guess the straight one has a wider groove to allow for the backup ring. The notes say the 90 was discontinued and if it needs replaced used the straight fitting and a separate elbow. The lack of a backup ring is probably why your O-ring is gone. You might be able to widen the groove in your old one to take the backup ring?

  2. #2DirtyHoe2016-08-05 23:55

    That's a good idea. I'll by the backup ring and re-machine the groove to fit both. Thanks!