I have JD 410d 79 or 80 model changed a 3/4 hose from tank to a block behind back tire now lost almost all hydrolic pressure.Funny thing is I can drain 3-4 gallons of oil out and put back in and it will lift boom 2 times and stops again any idea what the problem is?
Did this hose burst, or did you just change it for the fun of it? Either way I guess the most likely thing is the fluid level is lower than you think it is.
It's a straight 410, ignore the "D" if it's actually of that vintage. Hose to what tank? I'm not aware of any hydraulic tank on that model, all the oil is held in the transmission case? Does the transmission still work okay, drives forward and back properly? Transmission pump supplies oil to the inlet of the hydraulic pump. Check the hydraulic filter, I think it's on the left side, there are two relief valves, one is a bypass for the filter element, not important but check it's free and the spring is good, the other is the pressure control for return oil to supercharge the hydraulic pump, if it's stuck open or the spring is broken, all the oil dumps back to the transmission case and there's no supercharge pressure for the hydraulic pump.
Hose was leaking and oil level good ty
Thanks for the info I'll check the valves transmission works forward and reverse
Its just about time I finally had photos to post. Since it is the forum people go to. I have rebuilt in the last year top and bottom of the motor. Next will will work on re lining the buckets. I did half of the front then this happened. Just glade drive still worked and i could pull it out of the garden limping up the hill onto flat ground before the fall rains come. I have pdf files on the tech on this machine along with many other photos. I wish this forum had a gallery so I could post all my photos my profile. Here you go. I found a guy back east who rebuilds them he said 1550 and takes 2 days. Locally the remain at JD takes 2800 to 3000 for a remain out of oregon. I may return the wix filters and get the JD ones. I did take off the 2 filters. One before to stop the leak i used the black GOOD STUFF and i swear by that stuff. I still need to re torq the head bolts down since rebuild.