The B port fitting on the backhoe boom cylinder is a "special adapter" fitting (P/N L55143), that fits over a restrictor - check (P/N D56252). The fitting on mine is dinged, and should be replaced. The restrictor is certainly a restrictor, but I see nothing about it that looks like a check valve. Is anyone familiar with this assy? Is this only a restrictor or is it supposed to have a check valve integrated into it?
It is only a restrictor, but it is a one way restrictor. the valve moves in the fitting so that it restricts the oil flow in one direction only. How bad is it damaged? I understood that it only had a dent on the flare? If it had to be replaced I'd be looking at using a machine shop to modify a std fitting to fit the restrictor. Put a pic up of it.
I finally found a source for the flare tight clip. I have to go to Daytona to get it so am going the first of the week. Will take the old one with me, hydraulic shop said if it didn"t look like the clip would fix it, they could machine a new one at that time. I'll keep you posted.
TheOldMan - Delete your old stored messages. Your maxed out.