I have a john deere 310d extend a hoe and am looking for a mechanical thumb. All of my local heavy machinery dealers have told me that no one makes one for an extend a hoe Just curious if there is any truth to this.
Sinnful; do a search on thumbs and you will find a lot of info. Here is a link to what you are asking. It was just posted 3 days ago.
Thank you sir. I knew I should have searched first.
You are welcome sinnful. Glad to be able to help.
Sinnful, They are available. A guy I used to work for had one on his Cat 416 with extendahoe. It had a sliding thumb cylinder mounted on the outside of the stick and it had a metal rod on either side of the stick to slide it up and down with the stick so he could have full use of the thumb no matter what position the extendahoe was in. I wish I had a picture, it worked very well.
Thank you everyone. From the help of this great board and it's members I was turned to amulet manufacturing. I actually placed an order for one yesterday. Very great company to deal with. I would like to say thank you for all your help and advice so far. This is a great site