Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580C serial number plate gone ?

Mule#1 ยท 2014-11-09 19:56

I just purchased a 580C and the serial number plate is not there. I've read alot of post and have looked in the cab to the right of the seat (everywhere). To the right and left of the steering column. I have a number off the cab, a serial number off the hoe ( 5377297 ) and an engine data decal # 321-2940, a casting number on the block A-136813. I would really like to know what year it is so I can start the restiration. After reading hours of these post i am confident I am in the right place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-11-09 21:20

    The S/N plate is to your left side when climbing into the operators station about 20" off the floor between the dash and cab door if it has one. You can call your dealer and give them the info from the ROPS, Backhoe, Engine and they can call the tech group to find your S/N for that machine if the assemblies match up. It can take a few days, and they may ask for more info also. The 580C was a standard machine, only had one engine, case 207 D. The rest of the machine was pretty standard to the parts book. Few changes as produced.

  2. #2Mule#12014-11-09 21:45

    Re missing serial # plate Thanks for the reply, I saw a picture in another post of the serial plate and mine has defiantly been removed. I will visit the local dealer, thanks again for the help.