I pressure washed the 580c a month ago. I got in it a few weeks later and the shuttle shifter would not move. I traced it to a pivot point that looks like it hasn't seen grease in years. I greased it and worked it free but it's binding and not engaging Reverse forward is hard to go into but it does move. Also there is some kind of round solenoid where the shifter point on the shuttle seems to be lose.
Tore into the 580c today and I need to replace all of the ball joints in the shifting linkage and the bellcrank and the bracket it goes into need to be replaced. I might be able to get away with the bellcrank just being replaced but I'd rather do the job right and replace both parts. Does any one know where I can go to get this stuff. Will the dealer even stock this stuff? I checked on case's website and just for the joints I'm looking at $113.00. I'm guessing the other stuff won't be cheap.
With an educated guess, a dealer is the only place you will buy the bellcrank & bracket, & I doubt availability. If they are binding, you should be able to dismantle, clean & lube it & refit??? If it was so worn, & needed replacing I would be fabricating the pin & welding it to the original bellcrank. All the rod ends or something very similar to the original, should be able to be purchased at a good bearing supplier. The solenoid at the shuttle should tighten up using large multigrips or pipewrench - not too tight though!
I'm waiting to hear from the dealer. But I have a feeling I will have to make a new bellcrank from scratch. I don't think case is making bellcrank for the 580c's.
CNH will only stock parts that are commonly purchased, especially on these older models. I doubt that, even in the USA, anyone would have ever purchased that pivot.
I'm hoping.......but I believe I'm pissing in the wind when it comes to be able to but these parts.