I have recently purchased my new toy,and Ill let all the experienced laugh at me but when I test drove it it appeared to be very responsive to the controls with very limited leaks the dumb part was it was on a gravel lot with no place to dig.The seller was sure it would dig at idle and work like a horse.It is still very responsive but cant scoop a half a 24``shovel full .I can hear the oil being relieved in the area of the loader valve but not sure how to fix the problem.Id like to be able to fix it myself I have adjusted relief pressures on hundreds of elevators but not one backhoe.I have several pressure guages available but no direction on how to adjust.I have replaced the filter with no noticiable results.Im open to any suggestions or if you prefer to laugh thats fine also.
vatorguy, good idea to start your own thread. (I see you replied question on other thread - we'll stay on this one now) Does loader lift a full bucket ?
yes the loader functions great its just the backhoe that is tired.
OK, Have you inspected the power beyond fitting? - also illustrated in other post this is most likely your problem as the main relief valve controls pressure at loader & BH valves - so if loader is strong & hoe is weak - this needs to be inspected especially as you say you can hear pressure by-passing at loader valve Other possibility is a faulty quick release fitting ( if still there) at hoe main inlet/outlet lines - these are between the hoe & transaxle
Ok I had the power beyound fitting off The O ring on the groove was cracked.I was thinking it may be fixed. Im not 100 percent sure from the drawing the placement of the O rings It appears one slips over the threads and the other is seated in the groove I tried it that way and the operation of backhoe is still the same.
1) The oring on the power beyond tube should have a back up with it 2) When you pull backhoe boom all the way up & hold it on pressure, do any other circuits move? or if hold dipper in, does anything else move? 3) Does it have QR fittings at the hoe mounting?
Im not sure Iunderstand the oring placement on the power beond tube one in the groove the other over the threads to seal it to the valve?When I pull the boom up no other circuits move.When I try to load the scoop the dipper moves out.I dont think they are qr but Ill try to post pictures.
weak backhoe 580c i think I figured out the pics
Bad news about the power beyond not being the problem. The oring at the groove should closer to end of tube with BU behind/above it - make sense? Bigger diameter oring goes to hex/nut end of fitting. You could have a combination of problems here. If dipper is moving while operating bucket circuit, the load check valves are leaking for individual sections. This is a problem you will have to address as there is pressure by-passing individual circuits & reducing pressure & flow. You could still also have a bad QR fitting. With regards the load check problem, it is probably best to reseal all of them (x8) as they will be in similar condition. I haven't alot of experience in centremount hoes as 95% of hoes here are sideshift - so I'm not sure how difficult it will be to remove them with hoe still attatched to tractor. - maybe someone else may sound in here? There will be some oil loss - few gallons maybe - prepare catch tins Give bh valve a good clean - blow off all loose material with compressed air. IMPORTANT Make sure the hoe is on the ground & you have released all pressure to all circuits by moving levers (with engine stopped) till there is no longer ANY movement. The secondary reliefs (item16) x8 will need to be removed & keep them to same positions as they are set at different pressures. (I normally do one at a time anyway) This will allow access to load checks (item13) - you will have to fabricate a tool to remove them (details later) Orings on load checks (14) I have only ever purchased from dealer - made from a white hard material. Orings & back ups (26,27,28) on secondary relief cartridges should also be changed (Picture on left is a close up of pic on right)
Make sure the unit doesn't have a boom lock valve...a bad lock valve bypassing will also cause the backhoe to lack power.
I will check in the daylight If I have a boom lock valve.
Im looking into rebuild parts for the bh control.Do you think Case would have a complete rebuild kit ?
You can only buy individual parts - no kits
there is no boom lock I will visit Case for parts and rebuild the valve
check filters, and fluid levels, posting from experience on that one!