Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580ck 1970 seat problem

BeanV ยท 2010-09-29 09:12

I cannot raise my seat to use the backhoe. The seat will swivel completley around, but I cannot rase it up. Help... Do I have to take it off the rear housing to get the shaft out? Is there a snap reing in there I can cut? My manual shows nothing. :usa

Replies7
  1. #1Phil2010-09-30 06:42

    Seems to me there is a snap ring that prevents seat removal from it's support. I don't remember having to remove the differential cover to disassemble the unit. Not one of Case's better ideas. Here's a pic off CHN, sorry I could not of been more help. Phil

  2. #2BeanV2010-09-30 07:54

    Thanks for the picture Phil, I have taken the pin assmbly out (33,30). Its swevels but I just can'y lift it up. I think I need to get to 29, I will just keep puting penetrating oil in rthere and see what happens.

  3. #3roadrunner812010-10-01 22:21

    580 seat I had the sam exact problem with the old B the other day. Ended up turning the seat towards the hoe and it poped right up. ?? Ive been trying to lock the seat in the forward position before it can fall all the way down, no fix but it works.

  4. #4Phil2010-10-02 06:53

    That big coil spring is missing from mine, so I cut a piece of pipe and dropped it in the hole, to hold the seat at just the right height. Phil

  5. #5BeanV2010-10-02 13:26

    Thank everyone of you for your help. when it stops raining I will try again.

  6. #6roadrunner812010-10-04 11:54

    Hey thats my story. PNW, rainy season is here and now the B is on firewood duty as it gets stuck if you try anything else.

  7. #7rasman572010-10-05 11:12

    On my 69, I can only lift the seat assembly if the pin is pulled (obviously) and then turn the seat around just right. It will then lock up in place and works good unless I bounce the hoe too much, in which case I am suddenly dropped straight down a foot. It looks really funny to my wife but scares the bejeezus out of me the couple times it happened.......don't bounce the hoe now.