Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580d case back hoe (trans fluid type)

Team Tom · 2023-11-14 15:27

Hello, My backhoe moves a little slow when I start using it. When it earns up it’s fine. Was going to drop the small trans pan and clean the screen.?? Any idea what type of fluid I can use to refill the transmission? Thanks!!!

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-11-15 13:39

    Are you talking about the forward and reverse shuttle or the four speed? The shuttle takes hydraulic oil and the four speed transaxle takes gear oil. The shuttle dipstick is just above the starter you check it with engine running and warmed up. The transaxle has a dipstick under floor panel access through hole in floor.

  2. #2Team Tom2023-11-15 14:28

    Hi, I was talking about the forward and reverse shuttle. Thank you for the information!!! Really appreciate it!! Backhoe moves a little slow when it starts up, maybe it’s low on fluid?