Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k

Elvis61 ยท 2019-12-27 09:59

Where can i get a fuel censer for Case 580k? Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1chas3572019-12-27 11:39

    What is a fuel censer?

  2. #2Tinkerer2019-12-27 11:51

    There isn't any fuel sensor in a 580k that I know of. There is a float operated fuel level sending assembly in the fuel tank. It is a very pricey unit. How did you determine the need for one ?

  3. #3Elvis612019-12-27 14:29

    The fuel gauge is not working. My helper checked to see if the sending unit at the fuel tank t was getting fire. When he did what he did the fuel gauge moved to the full . He said it needed a new sensor. He said to would cost around $300.00. He said we would need drop the fuel to make the repair.

  4. #4Elvis612019-12-27 14:29

    I should say sending unit?

  5. #5Pixie2019-12-27 15:28

    My 580K has fuel tank in the frame so you should probably say what year or post a picture.

  6. #6DMiller2019-12-27 16:45

    Pull that gauge assembly from the tank, likely either the float fell away or the arm broke off, both typical failures and seldom fixed.

  7. #7Elvis612019-12-27 18:32
  8. #8Elvis612019-12-27 18:33

    I'm trying to post pictures

  9. #9Elvis612019-12-27 18:35
  10. #10Elvis612019-12-27 19:14

    Did you get the pictures

  11. #11Tinkerer2019-12-27 19:37

    I don't know what he did but, I would remove the sending unit and inspect before buying a new one. To answer your original question about where to buy one, any CNH dealer can get one for you. That includes the farm machinery dealers.

  12. #12thepumpguysc2019-12-27 20:09

    Tinkerer.. prob. all he did was to ground the hot wire.. that will peg the gauge if the gauge is good.. Have u tried Dale Weiss at "Tractor Stuff".. or e-backhoeparts.com ??

  13. #13Tinkerer2019-12-28 09:37

    I sorta figured that's what they did by the looks of that badly spliced wire in the photo. I don't see any sign on or around the bolt heads that they have had the unit out of the tank. Like DMiller says take it out and determine what really is wrong with it. A break in the wiring or a loose or corroded connection is a possibility.

  14. #14Welder Dave2019-12-28 11:58

    I had problems with a fuel gauge on a tractor and it turned out the gauge wasn't grounding properly but there wasn't bad corrosion or anything obvious. Check sending unit and if it appears good check all wires and grounds.

  15. #15Dan580Ks2023-07-28 02:55

    I replaced mine. Not too pricey, and easy job, but the new one quit soon after. Guess it is wiring, and I might have changed it for nothing