I noticed the other day the when I try and slowly swing my boom the right it actually goes left for abit until I reach a certain point the the control. This can sometimes be an issue since I'm still learning how to operate the machine and it's pretty loose. I'm guessing it's an adjustment in the valve? bad o-ring maybe? Thanks Bill
if all your controls are loose you need to buy a kit of some kind to tighten them up.Any lever which reacts incorrectly needs sorting for safety reasons
Emerson, you should have really had the title "580K swing control". Anyhow, what happens when you swing all the way left & then all the way right, does it have the same amount of cushioning on each side?
opps yeah your right.. . I hardly swing hard left and right but I think so. I only noticed it the other day. I'm working on the wiring right now but I'll try it tomorrow and let you know. Thanks
Hi folks I'm new here. First time adding my two cents. My employer has a 2012 Kubota with the same problem. Im thinking in an older machine you may have worn out seals or even seal seats that is allowing fluid to pass through causing the boom to swing in this manner. Try to take notice, with the engine running, if the boom ever creeps in any direction when you ARE NOT operating it. This I feel wood indicate bad seals in the controller
Sounds like leaky gland packing in one of the swing cylinders. They are plumbed in "series" allowing oil to "push" one cylinder as it "pulls" the other. Oil leaking by the packing will cause oil to momentarily reverse flow until pressures equilize. One cylinder will be "lazy". You should also notice weak swing power opposite the offending cylinder, ie, weak left swing, bad right cylinder.
One of my swing cylinders is leaking pretty good. but I thought maybe it was just the outside seal. I did notice today that when cold it seemed to be fine but once it warmed up the problem started again.