Had a large rock dent the oil pan and now theres a ticking/clinking neer the dent..So I want to pull the pan off and bang it out but theres no clearance for any tool on the front bolts of the pan...What is the procedure to remove the pan? Thanks for any help.
Wecome to HEF DTLUPER, Haven't done one of those for quite some time - but I can recall doing them so it must be possible. If you undid the front mounts & raised the engine an inch or two it will no doubt help. I can recall removing some of those front bolts on the pan standing at side of eng & just using a combination spanner - unable to fit socket from underneath machine. It was a little difficult - but I remember doing the job. Is it 4wd?
Thanks, It's not 4wd so that should make it easier..Was thinking raising the engine would help so I guess we'll try that..seems like alot of trouble to take the pan off.. I'll try fitting a wrench in from the side before unbolting the motor mounts but I think that's gonna be the only way... Why would they design it like that? beats me!!:Banghead
We replaced the pan gasket and the rear main seal and don't recall any particular problems with fasteners....
There is some difference between the K models - not sure if chassis or position of engine - some just didn't seem to reveal those front bolts as much as others. Seem to remember the earlier models being the more difficult.