My 89 580K's front buck was not curling at same rate as the raise, lower and dump functions. Now the entire front hydraulics are not responding. Rear hoe is ok, understood there is a smaller pump for it. Front will raise if used at same time as moving rear boom, but has jolting movement like shaking out the bucket. Just rescued this unit from deep in the hills of Kinmount ON. It has not been cared for. I topped up the hrdro fluid, it took all 5 gals.
If I were you I would have a flo test done on the machine but both systems use the same relief and what you describe is consistent with pump failure, however a total faiure is rare in that pump.
Upon needing to replenish the hydraulic fluid, it was a qtr gal approx below the sight glass and probably has been for a few seasons, I used what was equal too, recommended from the quote (dealer). Upon doing more research I feel I may have used wrong fluid. I topped up with an AW 48 hydraulic fluid, Case specs says to used the same as the engine oil. Should I be asking how to drain reservoir?
I had always used tch/303/straight 10 hyd and aw32 or 46. Does the machine steer, stab legs raise/lower also, backhoe bucket/stick/boom/swing works ?.
I would also take a look at the check valve in the loader outlet section, may be something going on with it. It's a plug /spring / check. It's on the topside of the valve. Would be nice if you had a flow test and pressure gauges like melben suggested.
aw 46 thanks, unit steers, hoe boom ext hoe bucket etc at rear is working, don't know bout stabs, haven't attempted. will pursue the flow test. thanks
I am pretty sure you need to use hydraulic oil. We use Hytran from Case dealer. I have found that the dealer oil is about par with others, unless its a Walmart type brand. Engine we usually use 15W40 or 10W30/ diesel oil specifically ... Maybe change filter on the principal of the thing?
Just a quick thought, the K loader valve contains a flo divider spool that I had one instance of sticking causing loss of functions, IIRC it is accessable through the plate below the steering shaft on the firewall, if steering is OK I would check that as it is an easy check. Mel
I went out this morning to see if anything might have changed. Taken in everything that has been mentioned in this forum. I can her hissing sound coming from under right foot area of floor, it is -20c outside I have block heater plugged in. I will remove dash, shroud cover and have a look, spray it with WD40.