I've got a 580k phase 1 backhoe. Was needing to service the brakes. Wondering what fluid goes in the master cylinder? The master cylinder cap says DOT 3 brake fluid, but then the service chart under the hood says to service them with only TCH fluid. I first thought the cap maybe the wrong lid but it looks factory has 2 wires hooked to it for some reason.
My guess is that it has been replaced with the wrong one. Now you need to determined what the previous user used, by testing the fluid. It should have Hyd.(TCH) fluid. However a MC designed for DOT 3 will not work using Hyd. oil. It will leak. Actually if I remember the K series drew there fluid from the Hyd. system via a tap To the MC. Therefor keeping the brake system full at all times. Tom
This is out of the service manual.
Thanks guys that's the information I was seeking
thanks that's great help I was looking for that info