Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580k with no hydrulic pressure newbe asking for help

ruffcut ยท 2013-09-18 17:40

I hoping one of you will have an answer after reading this. I broke a hose while digging an because it was sheeved it didnt spray just pooled an finally ran down under the boom where I could see it an I shut it down replaced the hose added 5 gallans of hydraulics as per the sight gage started her up an no hydraulic pressure no pump sounds all hydraulics including power steering is affected Ive held all the valves open hoping it was a bleeding problem with no help what your thoughts? for my next step. thanks in advance Ruffcut

Replies1
  1. #1mikebramel2013-09-18 17:49

    Case are all open center so there is no bleeding to get the functions to begin to actuate. Is there any output from the pump? At this point I would disconnect the hose on the outlet of the pump which probably runs to the steering valve first? Check for any flow there. If there is flow but only when the circuit is unloaded you can perform your own flow test. Install a pressure gauge after the pump and a ball valve after. Watch the pressure as you may blow a hose, housing, etc. Run the outlet back to the tank