Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580L sluggish fwd&rev where’s the transmission filter

Daveman · 2021-05-08 08:07

Hello, I’m new & trying to figure out the forum so please have patience. 6 months ago I bought a Case 580L 4x4 backhoe; I have put a number of hours on it since I got it home. Now it’s VERY sluggish in forward & reverse. It barely moves..! After researching the issue I think it’s a dirty transmission filter/oil. I climbed all over the machine and got the fuel, oil & hydraulic system filter numbers to replace em but I cannot find the transmission filter. Is it not an external filter? Where is it? Also does anyone know oil type and filter part number? thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-05-08 09:18

    Welcome to HEF, Dave !

  2. #2Daveman2021-05-08 22:17

    Thanks Tinkerer. That’s a huge help. 2 questions... 1) transmission filter part number? I’m hoping the number is still on the filter but just in case. 2) I’ve read the “screen” should be cleaned..? Any idea what screen and where it would be? Could be a different model but I’m unsure. thanks again

  3. #3Tinkerer2021-05-09 09:18

    From the parts book----> https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...drive/cn/BE58BE6A-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

  4. #4Daveman2021-05-09 18:07
  5. #5stinky642021-05-11 01:41

    Tinkerer, don't think a day goes by that you and your NASA hard drive don't make some feller with a tractor problem smile, you will definitely receive big yella angel wings...Truly a four star "keeper of knowledge"