Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 580E tires Size, wich on is best ?

Roger Guerin · 2021-05-09 07:32

I bought a case 580E last week, my first one. Never even drive one before. The price and shape were good. When i look for new tires on the net there is 2 size that keep coming up. either 16.9L x 24 or 19.5L x 24. On the backhoe the rear tire size are 17.5Lx24. You understand my confusion. My question is which one should i use for a non industrial use ?

Replies2
  1. #1Finca SDR2021-05-09 12:28

    Uhh... Cases I've seen (k and up) all use 19.5L x 24, I believe, And 12-16.5 in the front. But that may be in the cases of 4x4. Is yours 2wd? Buy the tire size that's on there. If it's a 4wd machine that is imperative as the relation between the turning of the front and rear axles depends on the tires being the correct size. Grind something up real quick otherwise. Do you need new tires? I mean they're expensive and usually keep working in some capacity until you cut one bad and not even inner tubes will keep them going. I think R-4 tread patterns are the "regular" tread patterns for backhoes, a sort of in between kind of pattern. Then there's higher tread agricultural tires that may be better for mud but are usually more for farm tractors and may not do well on roads or hard pack. And then turf tires? Do those even exist for a 7 ton machine?

  2. #2361brock2021-05-09 16:22

    17.5's were common on the E's