Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580N 4×4 stuck on

dukevader33 ยท 2025-12-17 19:20

Hey all, I have been searching the internet and these forums for some answers for why my 4x4 wont disengage on my 580 N. From the little that I did find it looks like power is sent to the solenoid to disengage the 4 wheel drive and on is the default. Can anyone confirm this. I though my switch was broken because it doesn't light up the green 4x4 emblem but other than the light not coming on I think the switch is working. I have also applied voltage to the solenoid and heard it clicking. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays all.

Replies2
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-12-22 23:08

    Hey Dukevader33 the issue with your 4x4 is going to be either in the solenoid or the power source. The 4x4 gear is spring applied and electrically released. You apply voltage to the solenoid to disengage the 4x4 and disrupt voltage to apply the 4x4 gear. Check voltage at solenoid on top of trans housing beside trans control valve to see if you have voltage when switch is pushed to turn 4x4 off. If you do then check solenoid coil and spool movement in valve.

  2. #2dukevader332025-12-23 00:05

    Thank for the information. I really appreciate you taking the time. Aloha brother.