Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 420d 2005 model fuel pump not working

jasper83 · 2015-05-28 15:08

Fuel pump not coming on when key is switched have checked all fuses and there is no specific fuel pump fuse in the panel. I have also checked wires to pump and have no power.... what else can I check?

Replies6
  1. #1jasper832015-05-28 15:19

    is there a fuse I have overlooked and where is relay serial is cat0420dtfdp21971 if someone has diagram I would appreciate it thanks

  2. #2Nige2015-05-28 15:22

    You dont say what S/N prefix your machine is but looking at a BLN-prefix machine at random I'd say look at the lift pump relay first. The Part # is 115-1615 and there are 2 of them, the other one is for the glow plugs. Maybe switch the two and see what happens..?

  3. #3jasper832015-05-28 15:46

    on the data tag there is an engine symbol with ser # crs14278 arrangement# 2343060 I don't know location of relays as I have no diagram or books on machine

  4. #4Nige2015-05-28 18:07

    Based on that Engine Number your machine Serial Number is FDP21971, originally built 20/10/2004. PM me your email address, I'll send you the electrical schematic for the machine and a Parts Manual page showing the location of the relays.

  5. #5Raver2023-06-07 15:34

    Hi Nige, Can you email me the diagram please. Having same issues with my D4.

  6. #6ahart2023-06-07 16:15

    Instead of a backhoe schematic, wouldn’t you rather have the correct one for your machine? That’s gonna require a serial number.