Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580SE Oil Cooler Lines PSI

rbmiles1 ยท 2012-03-04 10:57

So I'm finally getting around to putting the radiator/oil cooler back in and I wanted to replace the hoses that connect the cooler to the lines. I was hoping to run to the local auto parts store for these as opposed to ordering on-line. Unfortunately, I can't get any info off the old hoses. The old hoses have pretty thick walls, does anyone know what kind of preassure those lines opperate at?

Replies3
  1. #1TheOldMan2012-03-04 12:16

    I think the rule of thumbe here would porbably be if the hoses are secured with hose clamps, hyd return hose is the material. My 580C xmission cooler uses that.

  2. #2rbmiles12012-03-04 13:01

    Thanks OldMan, yes they are held on with hose clamps so I went with the what the auto parts store had (Gates high temp, 300 psi).

  3. #3bowen2012-03-05 07:26

    That thick hose is suction rated I think, not pressure. I used some thinner hose good for water gas or oil. There is only maybe 1" between the metal lines so I think it would be almost impossible to collapse the line under suction. That thick hose is impossible to work with and I would trash it.