Mine has the tach fitting at the end of the injector pump. I had the radiator oil cooler and all the front end off to repair leaks. I also had to put in a new hyd pump coupling, fan belt, tensioner etc. I got it all back together and after running about 30 minutes the bottom of the radiator was full of engine oil. The fan is spitting oil all over. The little tachometer fitting has oil all around it but I can't see how this would be getting down into the radiator. If it is the tach, I wonder if the new gearbox is leaking. I hate that tach fitting deal. Where else could engine oil be coming from This is the 4-390 engine. BTW I don't think it's not from the oil cooler as it looks totally dry on the front side, and the fluid feels like engine oil..
Do you mean that there You said there is oil IN the radiator but I think you mean oil ON the radiator????
You did fit the seal #23 at the tacho drive? Checked the front engine oil seal#2 ?
I did put the seal in new. After looking better today I was wrong. The oil is not inside the radiator, just underneath on the inside next to the engine. I just had the oil cooler fixed at a local shop and apparently they did not actually get the thing fixed completely. The repair looked terrible. This is a radiator shop and they don't really like to work on the coolers with aluminum fins because they cannot boil them to clean all the oil out. I don't know if the repair was hard because of the oil inside or what, but I will have to remove it and hope they can fix it. They only charged me $58, so I could afford to pay them again vs. $620 for a new oil cooler. (Case # A171876 Old # 214-253) And so far I have not found an aftermarket cooler available. From the front I could see NO oil but after I looked closer the fan pulls in almost ALL the oil into the bottom of the radiator. Then when it got on the fan the oil was splattering all over. I think the foam between the radiator and cooler contributed to the leak. This stresses the tubes and the foam I used was more dense than the original foam but it was only 1" thick vs 1.5" I may not use any foam there at all after I get the thing fixed this time.
I got the cooler fixed today and they did not charge me anything altho it was another tube leaking that they apparently missed. These coolers have some form of metal tubes, NOT copper. And the fins are aluminum. They told me that I could expect future leaks as the tubes are weak from rust over the past 25 years. And the leaks are ALL where they put foam between the cooler and the radiator. I am NOt going to put that foam back in. If you do have a leak or even wash the thing this foam hold water and expedites the rust better.
:update This is not the exact thread I wanted to update, but it'll do... I was told not to try to get an oil cooler repaired but I tried it anyway. I actually took it off two times and now it's leaking again. And again I cannot find an aftermarket option. Mine has the # A171876 that Coleman sells for $633. So far all the leaks have been down at the bottom. I do not know if this is the original 1985 part or not, but probably so. Unless someone has a suggestion I will order a new one.
:update This is not the exact thread I wanted to update, but it'll do... I was told not to try to get an oil cooler repaired but I tried it anyway. I actually took it off two times and now it's leaking again. And again I cannot find an aftermarket option. Mine has the # A171876 that Coleman sells for $633. So far all the leaks have been down at the bottom. I do not know if this is the original 1985 cooler or not, but probably so. Unless someone has a suggestion I will order a new one.
Found one here,, $118.00 https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Oil_Cooler_New_p/123553.htm It says it will fit your model but doesn't provide a picture.
Wow... Someone else suggested two places that were a dead end so I already ordered a new one that is supposed to be here on July 3rd. But I have ordered from All States before and even have 3 of their catalogs sitting beside my computer. I will say that I am surprised they have this listed as new. This is a huge salvage yard and that price is super low for new. I may call them just to learn the deal. What I have ordered from them in the past is parts for my Case 470 tractor. Normally they do not do much with Construction stuff, or so I thought... Mine has the straight fittings while some have the angled, but I would have bought this if it was really new. I bet someone on this forum will snatch it up if it's the right part. Thanks... I want to mention the foam again. Similar to the foam that sits on either side and top of the radiator, mine had a foam strip down around the bottom of the oil cooler. If you wash it or let it sit outside this foam holds water to rust those metal tubes. Maybe it's me being paranoid, but this seems like a bad plan to me. I am not putting any more foam back in that area. It may suck trash up onto my cooler but the grill is easy to take off to clean all this. The pressure the compressed foam puts on the old deteriorated tubes does not help either...
Forget that one. Look at it.. http://www.griggslawnandtractor.com...ernational-fdsh-Case-dsh-IH-Oil-Cooler/Detail They told me this was for the "engine oil" in a 580SE. I don't even know if there is such a thing. These are on Ebay also for ~ $120 range. NOT what I needed. All State description online is suspect... The current Case # on this one is 87416027
The new oil cooler is in and installed. They shipped the thing UPS, but crated up in a wooden box/pallet. It is the one from Case but it's made by a place called Adams Thermal. This is the sticker on the side. Someone might be able to buy one direct from them if the need arises. I sure hope I never need another one... It was an exact drop in, so it was easy to install. Cleaning the oil and dirt out of the radiator was the hardest part.
I doubt that they sell to the little guys, likely sell to OEM only - in bulk quantities. That's why CNH will leave that sticker on it & not have it made with one of their labels on it