Ok so a customer of mine has a ford lrg with the zenith carb and a dis system. The coils are controlled by a 10 pin ignition control module (small black one) original to the machine What I need to know is what the brown/yellow and yellow/black wires are for as it shows squat on the jlg schematic. Are they going to the governor control or something else? The reason I ask is that I originally diagnosed it as a faulty ignition control module (misfiring and not starting when warm) so I was retrofitting a ford edis4 spark control module to it (this is not the first time I have done it, its a 40 dollar replacement for a 1000 plus dollar module) I wired it in ran fine for 1 min then shut off and killed my spark and I am pretty sure the governor control is what is doing it to me. I rewired in the old spark control module and found some poor wiring for the power and ground for the module (which I repaired) and now it starts and runs good, however when I shut it down it wont restart (just tries and sputters with no start) unless you wait about 15 mins then it fires up again and runs. I am not the first guy to work on the boom so its kind of frustrating as now I have to backtrack and find out what other so called mechanics have done. There is an aftermarket fuel pump on it which I suspect is to high a pressure for the carb with no return line. So Any advice?
Ok so I found my own answer for what the yellow/black and brown/white wires are for it tells the ecm what type of fuel you are using and how to alter the timing, on gas the brown/white is open and the yellow/black is open. On propane the brown white is grounded and yellow black is open. Unless detonation occurs in which case you can alter them. base timing is 15 degrees btdc on gas and 30 degrees btdc on propane.
this is what it should look like on the schematic, jlg omitted this from their schematic to make life hard for us lol. Anyhow here is it is, rudimentary as I am not a pro but there it is for those who need it. Note that the governor is using the signal from the grounds to tell the engine rpm and how to move the controller. I can add the pinout for the governor control at a later date if needed
All the ford engines LRG 423 and 425 engines had return lines also had a fuel regulator looked like a fuel filter with three hoses one returning to tank look at the fuel tank see if there was a return line at one time
Would anyone have the details on how to convert the industrial UESC module over to the DIS4? Does the use the crankshaft position sensor r?