I'm removed steering cylinders on a 621d to repack. The barrel end pins under the cab are seized tighter than hell I am preparing to remove the cab to lance them out due to lack of access. The part number is 87403344 which subs up to 8605835. These are tiny pins but Case wants $500 a pin. Is there any other source for generic pins? Unfortunately I can't get an accurate measurement due to the location and I don't see the dimensions posted, after they are out depending how it goes maybe I can measure them up. Is everyone paying these prices for little pins? I thought Cat was expensive til I started working on this thing.
Have you searched on innerweb
Yes to no avail
I usually do rod pulls in those instances. Do you have the room on that machine?
I searched the online part book and found the ID of the bushing (141005A1) in the base end of the cylinder is 35.19mm so I would guess a 35mm diameter pin would work. From there if you google “35mm pivot pin” lots of good stuff shows up.
Thanks
Unfortunately I don’t think I have enough room. The top of the pins are about 8” from the underside of the cab and underneath you can hardly see the pins much less rig something up. The left side worse than the right. They are also set back too far under the cab to open up and re-seal on the machine. Cab bolts loosened up for me so think I’m gonna continue that avenue.