This problem started out with pressure alarm sounding for about an hour with machine not going in gear. This operator doesnt work for me any more, anyways I started with the pressure trans filter and found it about a third empty. Cranked it with filter loose and pump reprimed. Now it will go in gear but has no power. I also pulled the suction screan and cleaned found no debris. Any ideas??
I had a 450G with about the same issues. My problem was a couple of cracked pressure lines that went to the clutch packs. These are steel lines on top of the transmission (you will have to slide the trans out the back to access these) some of these are pressure and some are return lines. They have flat flanges welded to the ends where they attach to the tranny, and that is where they were cracked. Good luck with your troubleshooting.
Can you check the pressure on the hydrostatic pressure loops? Weak power is generally an indicator of low pressure. Do you have any codes?
650g dozer has weak power to tracks Not sure I understand about pressure loops. What kind of psi am I looking for and where do I tap in to check it??
Look at my post a little while ago on the Dozer forum under 650G. I had a similiar problem in that when you raised the lever so you can put it in gear the alarm would sound and the pedals would not release (come up). It ended up being the transmission pump. I believe it was 1200 new from JD. good luck
Whoops, this machine is a little older vintage than I assumed (steering clutches, etc). Sorry, advice I gave doesn't apply.
Ok Its fixed. Rebuilt the transmission pump. It went from 200 to 1200 psi. Looked like thrust plates was the main cause. Thanks for the help
Well at least it wasn't a whole bunch of money. Coulda been a lot worse. Good to hear you got it going.