While learning in the woods this weekend I was trying to swing the hoe to the left to dig around a stump but after the swing the hoe drifted back to the right seemed to stop (bounced i guess would be more accurate) it again drifted back to the right. If i swing the boom all the way left it will hold. The right swing works fine.. Any ideas??
How far did it swing back to the right after you swung left? Was the machine on a lean towards the right? Are you sure it is not just 'slop' or wear in the pins & bushes?
I thought too it was just slop at first but it doesn't stop traveling back it will swing back to almost center if i let it tho i only let it swing back till it bumped the stump i tried this in another area of the yard and the same thing I'm pretty sure I had the hoe pretty level. If i swing it fast left and take my foot off the pedal it will swing back to the right bounce once or twice then drift. I don't think there is any psi there pushing it back or anything but it wont stay in the middle of the swing no matter. I did try off the machine with some help i had my GF swing the hoe and I was able to push the hoe it seemed to move easily. Any ideas? blow-bye in the right cylinder or a bad control valve?? Thanks again.
i have a 1970 ck and mine dont do that i also have a kubota that the was doing that with the dump cylinders i found out on it that the nut that that holds the piston on the shaft inside the cylinder was loose this may be the problem i know on my kubota you could watch the bucket drift by itself with the tractor shut off maybe you could use that to troubleshoot yours with it shut off and raised and swing all the way to the left can you push it. I would think it is either the cylinder or the control valve leaking by.Hope this helps
Like xpackdeals says, there is likely a hydraulic problem & best place to look is the cylinder packings. Right or left? 50/50 chance on finding the problem, could be either one - good idea to do both. You will know all about cylinder overhaul in no time .......
OK. Thank you both for the ideas. The machine in up north in the UP of Michigan so I wont be able to try anything till this weekend. Have off all week so hopefully I'll be able to figure it out. Thanks again.
Had the same problem with my 580ck. Had to disassemble the control body and rebuild the swing crossover relief valves. You probably can unscrew them without removing the whole thing. Inside the relief valves are small sprigs, washers and tiny spools. The springs were broken in mine. The valves help give the swing a dampened stop. when leaking by the will make the swing creep.
Similar thing happened on a Massey Ferguson I was driving.The problem was in the lever control valves,,,,,,,, replaced seals and a couple of springs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,job done,,,,,,,,,,,the problem could be in the centre post but as I have never worked a Case, I have no idea if they are similar