Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Loader raises and loader bucket curls by itself while using backhoe control.

Deon ยท 2012-06-26 21:33

I've had this happen before and fixed it. I replaced all the seals in the loader control valve with aftermarket o-rings. Now 300 hrs. later the problem is back. Obviously I need hard durometer o-rings. I don't know if I can get replacement o-rings for the loader control valve from Deere for this 310D because the Cresen control valve is no longer supported by Deere and Parker who bought Cresen no longer supports this valve. Where can I find hard durometer o-rings? Please help if you can. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1cdfratzog2012-06-28 12:50

    I think what you're looking for is a set of "Viton" O-rings of at least a 90 Durometer rating. Teflon might be good too. Of course I'm not an expert in this field, so hopefully someone else will chime in. Try these guys: http://www.rocketseals.com/catalog/...asurements/o-rings/o-rings-viton-90-durometer . Or maybe these: http://oringkits.com/html/90_durometer_nitrile_kit.html . Or here: http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/... Rings"|~ ~|categoryl3:"603579 O-Ring Kits"|~ . Good luck.

  2. #2kellek2012-06-29 11:15

    did you test with an flow-o-meter? maybe there's a problem in the valve...

  3. #3reevesjo2012-06-29 11:19

    Frustrated!! I registered on this Forum 3 days ago. I cannot start a new thread. Error message = You may not post new threads. Why not? I can post a reply. I know this is not the place to complain, but what can I do to be able to post?? reevesjo

  4. #4cdfratzog2012-06-29 11:55

    You need to post three replies in any thread before you are taken off of probationary status. After that give it an hour or so, and you will be able to start a thread. It's in the forum rules.

  5. #5reevesjo2012-06-29 11:59

    Thanks cdfratzog. I thought I looked everywhere for a solution. Evidently I was not careful enough with the Forum rules.

  6. #6reevesjo2012-06-29 12:02

    Sorry to "highjack" this post, but I really needed to get on here to ask a brake question on my 580K. This is #3. Maybe I can in a little while. Thanks!!! I couldn't even do this right. I didn't wait 120 seconds between posts. Miss Raines taught me how to type too fast 62 years ago. I "usually" obey the rules, if I know what they are. Sorry again.

  7. #7Deon2012-06-29 19:43

    cdfratzog, Thanks for your research. Fortunately I got to the city today and found a hydraulic supplier that had OEM Gresen parts. I don't know what material the o-rings are made of but at least they are from the manufacturer of the control valve specifically for the check valves that I have. Hopefully I will be setup right this time.