Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

680ck tie rod ends

Mopar guy ยท 2025-08-25 18:15

The steering cylinder rod ends L40710 can not be found for my 680ck anyone know of another rod end to replace them

Replies10
  1. #1Tinkerer2025-08-26 20:36

    I don't. You may find used OEM's if you do a web search for used steering cylinders with the ends on them. There is a video on YouTube and a the poster did some machining and and fit new ones on his 680.

  2. #2Mopar guy2025-08-26 20:57

    Ok thanks for the reply

  3. #3Tinkerer2025-08-28 08:57

    If you are able to find the parts to make that conversion, could you post the source of them and the part numbers ?

  4. #4Mopar guy2025-08-28 09:10

    Here is what I'm using for the the steering cylinders.

  5. #5Tinkerer2025-08-28 11:26

    Do you know if they can be used to replace the tie rod ends also ?

  6. #6Mopar guy2025-08-28 12:02

    Yes it would be male ends for that mine are still good but planning on changing over probably in the spring. I searched for 3 days trying to find something that would work other than what I'm doing.you would think there is a tie rod end the same .I couldn't find a cross over anywhere. At least these rod ends are easily accessible

  7. #7Mopar guy2025-08-28 12:06

    Also using these cone spacers to get the rod end up a little I'll send a picture when done probably won't get everything I need until next week

  8. #8Tinkerer2025-08-28 14:09

    Your project description is going to help a lot of people solve the same problem --> a worn out tie rod end that is no longer available from the tractor manufacturer. I would think Case didn't have tie rod ends made themselves for a lot of their tractors but prolly used ends that were already in production for other tractors and trucks. I wish there was some way to cross reference them.

  9. #9Joe H2025-08-29 16:44

    Ustabe you'd walk in the auto parts store & the guy behind the counter would walk in the back and come out with a pair of them. Not so no more. Joe H

  10. #10Mopar guy2025-08-29 16:53

    Yea if I would have been able to go back and look around I could have probably found something.there has to be a tie rod the same somewhere.oh well my new setup will work just as well