Good Morning, Im back to running our B model more and when curling a tree root it seems like its bogging down too soon. I was thinking of checking relief pressure. On the steel boom cylinder lines there are JIC caps. I was thinking of welding a CAT male quick connect fitting to those caps and watching gauge while in relief. Would this be an acceptable way to test? Are these relief valves preset? Im sure everything is discontinued. Also, has anyone resealed the swivel manifold? I would like to tackle that in the next couple months, out the bottom or top? will it come apart or take it off as a whole and rebuild on bench? Thanks -Lance
Check jdparts.com. I think that the relief springs are still available. There is a complete parts manual, with pricing and availability. I have a 690B as a farm machine. A friend who is a heavy equipment mechanic resealed the rotary manifold recently. It will need to come out the bottom.
Relief valves are individually adjustable. The Op and test manual gives the location and method for the test and adjustment. No need to weld in anything. You will need a 10,000 PSI gauge for the main system and 1,000 PSI gauge for the pilot system plus the fittings for the connections.