Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB 803 Hydraulics

jamiespc1 · 2024-07-06 13:31

Machine seems a little weak and tracks slow and heats up a bit quick too. I replaced the two valves on the Servo pressure maintenance block and can only get 1600 psi from the block there. I’ve adjusted both valves and can’t get any more. I took out the spring on the plug on the block and still at 1600 but I did notice I could finally lift the machine with the blade. I also noticed pump got hotter faster. You think it’s the pump?

Replies3
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-07-08 08:55

    Hello Sir For the variable piston pump model you could try isolating the P1 and P2 pressure lines from the servo pressure maintenance block and checking the relief pressure on each isolated line or test the machine to see if you get some power and speed back. The p3 pump should still satisfy the pilot pressure requirement of 25 bar. If your model has the variable piston pump fitted then the swash plate usually can start giving issues around the 4000 hour mark due to wear in the pivot area of the swash and the ceramic ball. JCB also advise replacing the 3 filter adaptors p1,p2,P3 in the Servo pressure block every 1000 hours or if the hydraulic system has been contaminated. Kind regards

  2. #2jamiespc12024-07-08 13:01

    Thanks for the advice . But I did go through that and didn’t find any p1 , p2 , p3 filters at the servo presser block , I do have a hydraulic pump on the way so will see if that works.

  3. #3Kobe Steel2024-07-09 04:38

    No problem. The pressure filters that they refer to could possibly be in the base of the hose fittings that screw into the block and not in the block itself. Some of the pilot filters that I have come across in other machines had the filters located in this way and they were not usually replaceable, you had to replace the entire fitting. Let us know the outcome of the new pump install if you get time. Best regards