Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

7.50×16 tires on front!

talltexan6ft7 ยท 2023-05-12 09:00

Hi, I was just wondering if a 10 ply 7.50x16 trailer tire that I currently have on a gooseneck trailer (currently in a state of disrepair) would work as a replacement for the front tires on my Case 580b? The tires that are on the backhoe are so old that I can barely make out the size; but I believe they say 11L - 16slt (i could be wrong, hard to make out). Thanks!

Replies5
  1. #1Old Doug2023-05-12 09:18

    They will be narrower . You need wide unless it never is off in the dirt.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-05-12 09:43

    11Lx16 is the correct tire for a 580B. 3 1/2 inches is a is a lot of distortion for a tire. I cannot imagine how long the sidewalls would hold up. They would need tubes to be able to inflate them.

  3. #3talltexan6ft72023-05-12 09:50

    Thanks for the replies, I think I will stick with 11x16 if I can find some! Take care.....

  4. #4Tinkerer2023-05-12 10:00

    The best prices I found were on eBay. About $180.00 @ delivered. Beware that some dealers advertise them with a ply rating while others will state the actual number of plys. I also found that sometimes tires with a more plys are cheaper than tires with fewer plys. Both front and rear.

  5. #51693TA2023-05-12 11:55

    Stay away from Carlisle Brand tires as the rubber is far too soft for anything other than a lawn mower.